Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Afternoon

This stamp set I used for the following card reminds me of a quote by Thomas Jefferson, "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."  Also, Proverbs tells us, "Do not say to your neighbor,
“Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give it,When you have it with you." Proverbs 3:28  So as I was making this card, that is what I was thinking about and realizing that I have been putting off a lot lately and need to get back on track.

Anyway, here is my card!  Just a small lesson to myself!


This card was inspired by a sketch challenge blog I just found and loved the sketch called Freshly Made Sketches.  Please check them out.  And this is the first time I have used this stamp set from Stampin' Up! which is a hostess set.  It has three different stamps and I love each one of them.

Here is a side view!


And yes, I did the inside and used a verse from Our Daily Bread Designs stamp set, Scripture Collection #1.


Stamp Sets used today are:
SU - Summer Afternoon, Cottage Garden
ODBD - Scripture Collection #1

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful evening!


5 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jonia! Pretty card! And great job on the inside! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely card Jonia! I really love the colours and love how you've even decorated up the inside! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow .... what a pretty card this is Jonia ... I love that bicycle image and your sprinkling of flowers is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Allisa said...

Love how you added the additional flowers to your stamped panel. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful summer card, Jonia! A beautiful lesson for all of us too! Thank you! :o)