Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back To School Pencils


Good Morning again and as promised yesterday I am back with something to go into the pencil box.  Here are some cute little pencils that I made using card stock and some of that wonderful sticky strip.  They were so easy to make and my granddaughter's just love them.  A tuturial is coming up, but wanted you to see them first.

Here is another photo of them.


And here they are in that wonderful pencil holder from yesterday!


A wonderful gift for a teacher's desk or for a student don't you think?

Now, I am going to try and do a tutorial if it will let me!

How to make a Flower Burst Pencil Topper

1. Here are the items you
will need to make this
topper!
Paper Cutter
Scissors
Sticky Strip
Card Stock
Pencils


2. I did not think about doing the tutorial until I had already cut my strips. So you will cut 3 pieces of Card Stock or Designer Paper 2" X 4 ½".

3. Cut each strip 1 ¾" with the scissors making sure you leave at least ¼" on
the edge as you see in photo here.

4. Then add the sticky strip to the ¼" side that is not cut. See same photo above!

5. Start by wrapping the first piece around the silver part of the eraser with the fringed part of the card stock up as in photo here!
 
6. This is what it will look like when you finish with the first layer!












7.   Do the same for the next piece except start ¼" below the first layer as in photo!

This is the finished second piece.


8. Repeat step 7 starting ¼" below the Second layer
.


9. By using your fingers or one of the pencils pull the pieces downward to form the flower. You can use the pencil to kind of roll them downward.


Continue with each layer until they are all pointing downward!

















Final Result!

10. Place finished Flower Burst Pencils into a pencil holder! How easy is that!


Now it is your turn! And please let me know if you made some Flower Burst Pencils.  I would love to see them and thanks so much for stopping by!










7 comments:

Diane J Ouellette said...

GREAT! One of my regulars just stopped by and gave a couple of pks of pencils for our group to use. She will be surprised to see this project! TFS...soo much.

MJ said...

I love these, we used to do these as kids and have not thought about it is (I don't want to admit how many)years! Love it.

Natalie said...

Super cute idea, Jonia!!

Kris Sobolik said...

These are super cute!

Marsha Fisher said...

Festive pencils!! Great tutorial too....tfs :0)

Unknown said...

Very cute!! Thanks for the inspiration.
www.mommystampincreations.com

Nancy said...

They're just perfect for your pencil holder, Jonia! They were also just the kind of pencils my girls would want to use...they always liked the "fancy" ones! :o)