Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SULateNightStampers Challenge / Christmas Giftables


Our challenge this week at SULateNightStampers is Giftables!  It can be quick and easy or as extravagant as you want.  So I decided to put together these cute little coasters.  I bought the tiles from either Home Depot or Lowes for very little. 

I started by putting a coat of Modge Podge on them and attached our Stampin' Up! glitter paper. I put another layer of modge podge over that and then cut out the center scenes from Stampin' Up!'s designer paper "Snow Festival" which I love and again covered that in Modge Podge and let dry.  After it dried, I put three separate spray coats of sealer on top letting each coat dry before the last. (I used the glossy sealer and know some use the matte sealer)  So in hours it probably did not take even an hour, but actually took me two days to finish the process to get everything dry in between.  But that gives you time to work on other things.  Yea!

Here is the final version of the gift all stacked and ready for giving!


Just what you have always wanted for Christmas, right?  I do love the shimmery look and the outcome.  Thanks for stopping by and please let me know if you have any giftables. I am always in the market for something new.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful gift set, Jonia! Those papers are perfect for it! Hope you're having a great week!...Nancy :o)

MJ said...

Super cute! I never did the coasters that you use the modge podge and sealer on top--does it still work to absorb liquid or does it just hold it on top. Do you know what I mean--my hubby's cup sweats really bad and if I don't have ones that are absorbent it just rolls off the edge?? This are fabulous though--you are so talented!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great gift idea and they look so cute. Thanks for sharing how you did it too!