Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hymn & Scripture Challenge - Hymn # 5 - Cleanse Me

What a beautiful Hymn that Patter shared with us this week.  I love the music and the lyrics.  It is just beautiful. The first verse is my favorite as it is one that I desire daily to walk with God the way I should.  Look at these words.

Search me, O God, and know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from ev'ry sin and set me free.

You see that is my desire and my prayer is to be cleased and set free.  And there are times I have to pray this prayer a few times a day, not just once.  I guess you could say I am a stuborn person, but I so want to be able to serve God and worship Him as He should be served and worshiped and able to help others as they seek Him.

To see the history on this verse and a wonderful devotion, please see Patter's post here.  She also has a link to this song sung by two very special men on her post, but I thought I would let you hear a beautiful piano version by this talented young man, Zarah Abejo! What a talent he has.

Now on to my page!  I decided to use 1 John 1:7 for my verse.  For if we do walk in the Light of our Lord we can be free and be a reflection of Him, a light that others can see.  I am working toward being the reflection and will continue until my journey here ends.  "Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34:3



I have used this little girl on other pages, but she just seemed perfect for this page and looks as if she is talking to God.  So there are times that is how I feel and she just seems to work so well with this page.  I am linking this to Word Art Wednesday also.

All items used are Stampin' Up! and a part of My Digital Studio and downloads for My Digital Studio.  I must start writing the down loads down so I can put them on my post.  It might look better.

Thanks for stopping by and now it is back to work for me!  Catch you later.



4 comments:

Robyn said...

My dear friend, how your artistic talent as broadened since first we met! Love your page and you faithful example!

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love this verse, and I'm just adoring how you've worked it in with the music and the vintage image. It turned out just darling! Thanks so much for sharing with us, Jonia. It's always such a blessing to have you share with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Ann said...

Lovely digital page, the little girl is so sweet. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

Nancy said...

Such a pretty page, my friend! I focused on the first verse too! It's a beautiful hymn!...Nancy :o)