Sunday, March 10, 2013

Masculine/Feminine Birthday Cards

Good Sunday Morning to all my friends and hope you are feeling well and blessed today!  What a beautiful day we are suppose to have today in Coastal North Carolina.  I think we will feel some spring weather today!  I am so excited about that!
 
Today I would like to share two cards I made using the Sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday!  I just fell in love with it and knew it would work great for some of the cards I am making for a fundraising banquet and auction.  So what I did was make two birthday cards.  One feminine and One Masculine.  We will start with the feminine one and here it is.
 
 
Isn't this just the greatest sketch for simple cards and you get to use up your old scraps too.  Also for the feminine card I cut my strips 1" X 4" to make it a little more dainty.  I love the outcome!
 
Here is a side view before we proceed on to the masculine card!
 
 
One other thing, the designer paper for both cards is Twitterpated. I was happy it worked out that way!  Now onto the masculine card!
 
 
As you can see the banners are a little larger and I cut them 1 1/4 X 4.  Here is a side view!  Also a little sneak ahead, our challenge for LNS this week is masculine, so this kind of goes along with our next challenge.  I have a head start!
 
 
OK, now that you have seen them, what do you think?
 
All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp: You're Amazing Happy Birthday
Card Stock: Island Indigo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Pear Pizazz
Used Markers for the coloring of the stamp
Corduroy brads (retired)
Twitterpated Buttons
Apothecary Accents Framelits
 
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Sunday!
 
 
 

8 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great card design! I really like the colors of each of them! Lovely! Enjoy your day! :o)

inkedx2 said...

Very clever to do a male and female version of the same card. Love them both. Thanks for playing with us this week at SFF.

Kim Innis said...

Love both of the cards and the feminine/masculine take on the DSP!

Natalie said...

Love your choice of papers, these turned out great. Fun design with the fishtale flags.

Deb said...

I just love that you made a feminine and masculine card from the same dsp pack! Very clever! And they look really different just by changing the width of the strips! Great job!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Love both cards!

Patrice Herrera said...

Man oh man I love them both! You took this sketch over the edge. Great Job! Thanks for playing along with us over at SFF.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Those are both great-perfect use of the sketch! Great colors too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!