Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hymn & Scripture Challenge # 12 / Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

Happy Sunday to you!  I am finally getting my Hymn & Scripture Challenges pretty much up to date.  I think I am still one behind.  So still a lot of work to do to catch up.

Anyway, when I saw this one, I was so excited.  I love this hymn and can almost sing it without the book.  Beautiful words and a reminder that we always have our Lord to lean on.  I don't know about you, but I find myself leaning on Him everyday.  Look at the words to this song!

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Aren't those words so comforting?  I am so thankful that I can be safe and secure from all alarms!  Words to live by!

The verse I chose is from Isaiah and it just meant so much to me when I saw it and I thought fit perfectly for this song.

Do you not Know?  Have you not heard?  The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired.  His understanding is inscrutable. 
Isaiah 40:28

Now isn't that good to know that our Lord never becomes weary or tired!  We can lean on Him at all times and He is still the same loving God. 

Now here is my page!


Here is a beautiful rendition of this hymn by Chet Atkins!  Hope you enjoy!

My Digital Studio was used to design this page!

Thanks for stopping by today and hope your day is blessed!

Don't forget to check out Patter's post as it is wonderful as usual!

Also entering this into the Word Art Wednesday Challenge!

1 comment:

Karen Letchworth said...

Just beautiful, Jonia. There's no other place or person where you can rest and find that peace that passes understanding other than the arms of Jesus. We truly are safe and secure from ALL alarms. What a wonderful truth, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing this beautiful truth (and wonderful art) in our challenge this week.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday