Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sweet Treat Snow Globe


I have been wanting to try this since the very beginning and last night was the night.  I thought it really turned out great and so far no water has leaked out.  I was uncertain exactly how to do it, but I had seen some out there, so I just went for it.  This one hostess stamp set, Holiday Best, was just right for the project.  It image fits right into the sweet treat cup background.  Actually, it is behind the window sheet that is holding the water in the cup.  I am going to have to start taking pictures of working on the project so I can show exactly how it is done. 

I first of all stamped the image on whisper white card stock after coloring the image on the stamp with the ruby red marker and the always artichoke marker.  I used the 1-3/4" round punch and punched the image out and then set it to the side.  I used some of my retired riding hood red card stock and cut it to about 2 1/2" by 4" (which is longer than it is here).  I then used the sweet centers stamp set (ornament top) stamped in versamark and stamped it on the top part of the card stock.  Got the silver embossing powder and poured over the stamped image and then heated it with the heat gun.  Again using the 1-3/4" round punch I punched out the circle right up under the embossed ornament holder.  I then turned it over and applied my adhesive to the back prior to putting the sweet treet cup through the hole.  Once I did that, I then put the sweet treat cup through the hole, poured in very little of the dazzling diamond glitter and then filled with water.  At this point you will need to be careful not to wet the top of the cup where the adhesive will come off.  You will take the adhesive off and apply a piece of the Stampin' Up! window sheet that has been cut to cover the adhesive part of the cup.  Once you do this you are almost done and you can shake and move the snow globe.  The base of the card is made with whisper white card stock and the background is the specialty DSP Christmas Cocoa.  I then used a piece of the White satin ribbon and attached.  Took the first image I had punched out and applied to the center of the cup over the window sheet.  Added a few glue dots for extra adhesive and attached all to the card.  I did cut down the riding hood red card stock to about 3-1/2" long.  Right up under where the circle was punched out.  Hope this makes since, but if not let me know and I will try to explain better.  Thanks so much for looking.

You may also like this project

No comments: