Sunday, October 14, 2012

Clean and Simple

 
Clean and Simple has not always been one of my strong suits, but lately I have really enjoyed doing the clean and simple cards.  It must just be my foot healing and me not wanting to sit with it down for the time it takes to do a more involved card.  Whatever it is, I am thinking it is going to be one of my favorite cards to make from now on.  This one was inspired by  this weeks sketch over at Clean & Simple Stamping.  I had been wanting to use this wonderful paper, Comfort Cafe, and when I saw this sketch, I just knew it was time.  Also the new in-color for this year, Summer Starfruit, is so hard to use, but when you put it with the paper here, it just blends right in.
 
Here is a close up of the bird so you can see how it is popped up!
 
 
And the inside!  Love this paper!
 
 
All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Language of Friendship, Word Play
Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit
Designer Series Paper: Comfort Cafe
Midnight Muse Ink
Two Step Bird Punch
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope the rest of your Sunday is blessed!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

It's lovely, Jonia!! Love how you've popped up the bird. Great design for CAS! And the inside is pretty, too! You always do such a beautiful job finishing the inside.

Nancy said...

Very pretty! I like the combination of papers on the front...such lovely colors! Birds are always a favorite! :o)

Marsha Fisher said...

GAWGEOUS papers!