Thursday, October 11, 2012

For Every Season


Good Thursday Morning to you all.  Today, I am trying out two new challenge blogs.  I learned of both of them from my very special friend Nancy over at her blog, The Nickel Nook.  She is so talented and I love to stop by her blog and see what she is up to.  Heard they had snow at her home yesterday! 

Anyway, the two challenges are: A Die for a Sketch and Twist of Faith.  Of course my layout came from the sketch, but add the name in and with the sketch you have to use a die.  And, my title for today's post came from the Twist of Faith's challenge this week which is "For every Season."  The season I chose was fall as I love the colors of fall and I love this verse which lets us know "to everything... there is a season, a time for every purpose.."  If we trust the Lord everything is set into place for us and it is to work out for our good if we love Him!  The key word is trust as their may be times we don't feel as though it is for our good.  But God knows what the future holds, so there is no need for me to worry about it.  I just trust in God!  And using this verse, I am also adding the challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs Blog  which is to use a verse and theme is fall!

Now back to the card and a side view of the card!


  Such and easy card to make.  I stamped the verse from the ODBD stamp set, Scripture Collection 1, onto SU Very Vanilla card stock with SU Early Espresso ink. I cut it out with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals Die, sponged the edges and with a paper piercer, pierced each scallop.  I adhered it to the SU Designer Paper, Spice Cake with stampin' dimensionals.  I used the stamp set by Stampin' Up! for the leaves called French Foliage, stamped them on SU Very Vanilla card stock in More Mustard, cut them out and adhered them to the card with stampin' dimensionals right above the Scallop Oval.  Attached this to SU More Mustard card stock cut 4 1/4 X 8 1/2 and then folded to make a 4 1/4 X 4 1/4 square card.  How easy is that?

Here is a photo showing the dimension!


Hope you enjoyed your stop by my blog today and please check out these two challenges as they are wonderful challenges.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

WOOHOO!! I'm so happy that you've linked up! Your card is beautiful, Jonia! I love the pretty colors of the papers, and the lovely leaves! I also really like the way you pierced around the scallops! You've used one of my FAVORITE Scripture verses too! Well done, my friend! :o)

Nancy said...

In my official capacity...
Thanks so much for joining us at A Die For A Sketch! lol ;o)

Jenée said...

This is a wonderful card. The leaves are perfect around the oval sentiment. Wonderfully done and a lovely representation of the verse. Thank you for joining us this week at Twist of Faith. We hope to see you again. Blessings to you.

Helen Dooley said...

Great card! Thanks so much for playing along over at Twist of Faith!

Dunja Trautmann said...

Your card is awesome Jonia. Love the wonderful style of your card. The leaves are gorgeous too. The text is so true (do not know to write it an ohter way)
Thank you very much for joining us at the A DIE FOR A SKETCH Challenge. Hope to see you again.

Have a great weekend,
Dunja xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Jonia. I love the colors and the beautiful scripture you've used. It turned out just amazing.
Thanks for sharing it in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. You are such a blessing to me, and I thank God for you!
Blessings,
karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Natalie said...

It's beautiful, Jonia!! Love the added color around the edges too, a very nice touch! God bless!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful!! I just love your colors and the use of the leaves on top of your verse. The piercing is the perfect finishing touch!!
Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

Jo Ann said...

What a wonderful message---one of my favorites...Love that background paper as well. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Very pretty card and I like those fall colours and how you've interpreted the sketch.
Thanks for joining us at A Die for a Sketch, good luck in the draw and hope to see you next time too.
Marilyn

Pauline said...

A beautiful creation in every way, Jonia! Beautiful colours, and images, and the scripture is perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at Twist of Faith!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful card! I keep looking at the soothing pattern and tranquil colors... so refreshing! Definitely captures the essence of this challenge. Hugs and blessings...

Unknown said...

Love the card and the leaves are so special!The colours are beautiful even as the sentiment.Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch.Hugs Willie