Thursday, February 16, 2012

February Workshop

I am so excited to be able to share this card with my stamp club tonight as our first project.  Our Theme for tonight is either Newlyweds or Anniversary (according to the sentiment used) especially since this is the month of love!  I am hoping they will like it as much as I did.  The best part is it is fairly easy to make.  I guess we could say that the bigshot is also part of this theme as it is used a lot with both projects.  Have you tried these new edgelits die?  If not they are a must to have!


Here is a little different angle of the card which just shows a little more of the depth of the card!

This card is made using the new adorning accents Edgelits Dies and the Testured Impressions Embossing Folder.  The flower is made using the stamp set Mixed Bunches and the punch called Blossom.  I used the new Large Pearls in the center of the flower and the word window punch for the sentiment.  The ribbon is the new Baja Breeze pleated ribbon.

Now here is the second project and it is a gift card holder for the bride and  groom or for the anniversary couple, "just change the sentiment!"

Here I cut a piece of card stock 8 X 3 1/2, scored at the 4" mark and attached about a 1" strip of sticky tape to each top corner to hold it together. Then embellished as you see here.  The actual gift card holder that you see below is made by using the two tags die and then using the "slit punch" which is now retired, but I used it here.  You could also cut a slit if need be.  You get the top slit when you run the die through the machine.  I hope you understand what I am saying here! lol

For the heart embellishments, I use the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die in the occasions mini catalog!

Now here we come to the Hostess gift for tonight.  I always try to make my hostess something that is home made and here is not exception.  I stamped here on tiles to make them coasters.

Here are the two coasters I put together for her.  I found a photo of her and her family on face book and saved it and used My Digital Studio to frame it, then printed it off and put it on the coaster.  The second coaster I actually used a stamp set which is one of the freebies with a $50 order called Fresh Vintage.  The verse comes from a stamp set called The Nicest Things.  I hope she likes it!

Well now for the announcement that I gave my stamp club tonight.  I will be stepping down from SU in the near future and this will be my last workshop.  I will stay active for the next quarter, but will not be putting together workshops.  I have already spoken with a wonderful lady who will be taking over the club if they want.  This will in no way mean that I will not be stamping.  God has just changed my path a little and a new ministry has been laid on my heart to help with at our church.  With a regular full time job, I just don't have the time to prepare as a demonstrator should so it is best that my club is placed in more capable hands at this time. 

Well there you go for tonight!  Hope you enjoyed your time here and thanks for stopping by and keep stopping as I am going to continue to stamp!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Blessings to you, Jonia! What a gorgeous card and gift card holder. I praise the Lord for you and I know God is going to bless your time in ministry. {{hugs}}

Nancy said...

First of all...your projects are all very beautiful! Thank you for sharing them! Secondly, congratulations on your wonderful new adventure for the Lord! I'm sure you put much prayer into your decision, my friend, and are following the Lord's leading! I'm happy to hear you'll continue to stamp and share your talents! Now you'll be using products other than Stampin' Up! :o)

Marsha Fisher said...

Beautiful projects to finish up with! Praying that you are most blessed as you seek to be a blessing in your church!