Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Owl


Saturday was my brother's birthday and so I needed to make him a card!  He has down syndrome and just turned 62.  Can you believe it?  He is the oldest of 5 and we all love him very much!  He had the best time on Saturday and every year that we celebrate a birthday with him is very special.

What inspired this card was this weeks sketch frenzy Friday!  I knew I wanted to use the owl punch and also wanted to make ballons and it just seemed like the perfect sketch for the card!

Here is a side view!


And a view of the inside!


I am loving decorating all the insides of my cards!  It is a lot of fun.

All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Create A Cupcake, Outlined Occasions
Designer Series Paper: Just add Cake
Card Stock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi
Punches: 1" Round, Modern Label, Owl Builder, 1/2 inch
Stripes textured Impressions Embossing Folder
White Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by and hope your Monday is blessed!


5 comments:

Nancy said...

That's amazing! Happy birthday to your brother! You made him a wonderful card! I love the sweet owl holding the happy balloons! So cute! Happy Monday to you, Jonia! :o)

Tammy said...

This is so pretty!!! Love your polka dots!

Deb said...

This is so adorable! I love these colors and how you paired the owl with the balloons to make a birthday card! Great idea! The circles in the corner are so clever, too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

inkedx2 said...

Very cute Jonia! Those owls holding the balloons are fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

craftystamper said...

Jonia I had a smile on my face when I saw your own holding balloons. It is such a cute and fun card, one which is sure to delight.
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday this week.