Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hymn & Scripture Challenge #16 / Praise to the Lord the Almighty

Here I am with another Hymn and Scripture Challenge and still have one more to do as I am behind now.  It has just been a busy four weeks and I lost track of the time.  So now it is catch up time before the next one comes out on December 16th.  I think I can get it done, don't you?
 
This is one of the first hymns that I don't remember ever hearing.  But once I heard the version from Patter's blog post I knew it could become a favorite as it was really a delight and very beautiful with words of praise to my Lord and Savior.  That is what makes a hymn so beautiful; It gives praise to my Lord.  Anything that gives praise to God is beautiful because He is worthy of our praise and our praise shows Him how thankful we are for all of His provisions.
 
The verse I chose just seemed to fit this song and to fit what it said to me.  "The Lord is my strength and song.  And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will exalt Him." Exodus 15:2  Will you praise and exalt Him today with me?
 
Here is my page! Very simple, but it tells the story!
 

 
I did choose a different version of the song from u-tube and you can listen here!
 
Also, please check out Patter's post for this Hymn!  She does a remarkable job with her post!
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are blessed today!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Your page is beautiful, Jonia! I really love the Scripture verse you chose...it's wonderful! I sure do love the version of the song you shared! It's so beautiful! Thank you!...Nancy :o)