Monday, January 20, 2014

LNS Challenge 240/Sketch 298- Monday Lunchtime Sketch

Happy Monday to you all!  Yes, we are home after 10 days at Duke University Hospital.  Got home Saturday evening and then helped train our other two sisters on how to do some things and then we headed on home to Wilmington.  My Mom is doing well and seems to be getting stronger still.  Talked to my sister yesterday and she was joking that me and Connie (my sister who was up at Duke with me) needed to come back because they were not keeping her as comfortable as we were.  Mom was telling them that Jonia and Connie did it this way.  We had a big laugh.  But I am thankful of God's many blessings and for taking care of mom during this emergency.  He certainly blessed us beyond measure and has taken care of us too.
 
Now on to this weeks challenges.  Last week started the challenge for LNS as it runs two weeks so I decided to make it a part of the Monday Lunch time Sketch this week also.  I will just link it to the challenge at LNS.  This week's challenge at LNS is all about new beginnings.  This can be a new house, new baby, wedding, whatever you consider new.  It can be a card, scrapbook page ore anything that works for you.  And, the sketch that Mary Jo has for us this week is just awesome.  I loved it as soon as I saw it and decided it was time for a new baby card.  So here is our sketch for this week!
And here is my sample for both challenges this week!
 
 
I decided to make a little tag or book mark and insert it in the center.  I found some cute poems for babies on the internet and kind of put a couple of them together.  I found them on Scrapbook.com under the Resources link.  Really cute poems added their for baby.
 
So here is the tag pulled up!
 
 
And a close up so you can see what I did underneath.  I actually created the tag in "my digital studio" and left the top blank so I could stamp the "sweet Baby" image.  I am so thankful that my printer almost matched perfectly with the colors I used.  Once I printed the tag, I cut it out by following the blue line, stamped the top "sweet baby", added the ribbon and it was done.  So very easy.
 
Here is the tag close up!
 
 
And here is the inside of the card.
 
 
On the inside at bottom the actual stamp is just Mom, Dad, and Baby.  Well I kind of added a few babies as this is the third one for this couple and I just thought it would be cute.  So just an idea for the future use of this wonderful stamp if you need it.
 
All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Baby, We've Grown, God's Blessings (inside)
Card Stock: Marina Mist, Whisper White,
Designer Series Paper:  Retired and uncertain of name.
Ink: Marina Mist
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Word Window Punch
Taffeta Ribbon
My Digital Studio for Tag
 
Please join us in these two challenges this week.  I would love to see what you come up with.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and hope your day is filled with many blessings!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

MJ said...

First I am so glad to hear mom is home and on the mend! As far as the card goes, so many awesome things to mentions. I love the bookmark idea, really cute. But the way you used the owls on the inside is my favorite. Baby we've grown! Nice job. Thanks for another great sample for my sketch challenge!