Tuesday, March 10, 2015

{Glory Art} Scripture Challenge #5 - Not Alone

What a great word Patter brought us with this challenge # 5, "Not Alone."  As soon as I saw it I thought about how my Lord is always available and the peace and comfort He gives me in my time of need.  His presence is always with us.  Another thing I have noticed is that when I feel like I need someone to talk to, it never fails, someone just seems to show up wherever I may be.  Isn't God so good?  He knows every need we have and he just shows off when we least expect it.  And I for one just love that.
 
Patter also shared a song on her blog by Kari Jobe, "I Am Not Alone."  What a beautiful song and you can click here to hear it.  It is just beautiful.
 
It took me a while to find a verse to go along with my Mixed Media Painting, but I finally found one that just seemed to be what I was looking for.  Isaiah 43:2, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;"  This is where I stopped on my mixed media art, but here is the rest of the verse, "when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."  Isn't that just wonderful?  I love to read the bible there is something new everyday in it.
 
I saw this cute free digital on Pinterest of a little boy and girl walking in the rain and fell in love with it.  As soon as I thought of what I wanted to use on this one piece, that is the one that kept coming to mind.  You should be able to find it here.  So I printed, colored it, cut it out and then attached it to my already painted canvas.  It went together so well.  Here is my canvas.
 
 
I think this is my most favorite of all I have done.
 
Here is a close up of the boy and girl.

 
And other close ups!  I printed the scripture and I am not Alone and then sponged the paper to give it some of the same color as the canvas.


 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and please go by and check out Patter's page and great Testimony that she shared with her post.  I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.  And remember "You are not Alone."
 

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

This is lovely artwork. I do like the image of the boy and girl - very effective.

Carole said...

What a beautiful picture and you have found ANOTHER verse that I didn't see. So many with the same promise. Your card depicts it well.

SCarol said...

Oh I love this! Love the backround and the image is just perfect. Love how you've coloured it. Great post too.