Monday, September 20, 2010

Bells & Boughs

Wow, my second post today!  I made this card last night and it was so easy.  My inspiration came from the Stamping 411 Sketch challenge.  Also the bow I made was inspired by Stamping 411.  See how I did it by going to this post on Stamping 411.  How easy is that!

With this card, I used a piece of very vanilla cardstock cut at 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 and then folded in half.  I then used a piece of 4 X 5 1/4 piece of Designer Series paper from the Deck the Halls collection.  to that I adhered a piece of soft suede cut at 2 1/2 X 4 and embossed by using the perfect polka dots folder.  I adhere on top of that piece a piece of 1 X 4 Crumb Cake card stock which I sponged with the cherry cobbler classic ink and also stamped the sentiment in.  Then attached the ribbon, cherry cobbler 1/2" seam binding, around the Designer Series Paper, the soft suede, and to the top portion of the crumb cake and adhered all of this to the card base very vanilla.  Following the direction above I made the bow and attached to the left side of the card.  Using the extra large 2 3/8 round scallop I punched out a piece of cherry cobbler card stock.  Then using the circle scissor, I cut out a circle 2 1/4" in very vanilla.  I stamped the image onto the very vanilla using soft suede classic ink; and using markers- almost artichoke, cherry cobbler, crumb cake, -and colored it in.  Attached it to the cherry cobbler scallop round and adhered to the card by using stampin' up! dimensionals.  I then spritzed the whole card with the vanilla shimmer smooch spritz.

Wow was that a lot of wording!  Hope you understand because there are times I don't know what I am saying, lol. 

Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful rest of the day!

7 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

A vintage beauty! I really love what you did with the sketch. This is gorgeous!

Kerin said...

Love the rich colors and vintage feel of this gorgeous card!

Patti Chesky said...

Oooohhh pretty! Love the addition of the Vanilla Smooch!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just gorgeous Jonia! Beautiful choice of colors and stamp set. It's lovely!

Connie Babbert said...

Love this vintage card! Great job with the bow!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This card is gorgeous, I really like what you did on it.
Cindy

Terry said...

I really like your card - especially the brad on the perfectly tied bow!