Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quiet, Scripture Word Challenge

I am trying to catch up on  my Scripture Challenge #2 Words.  I have completed words past this Challenge Word #9, which is Quiet and trying to stay current with words coming out bi-weekly.  You receive a word every two weeks and right now they are on Challenge Word # 18.  I have that one complete.  Just feeling in the spaces.  Since I am doing mostly digital, hopefully it will not take too much longer to catch up.  But I do enjoy doing this and it will give me the scriptures to share with my children and grandchildren.  You can find all the Words here and the links to Patters post on each word.

Quiet!  When I think of quiet, I think of my quiet time with the Lord which is every morning through the week days at 5:30 and weekends a little later in the morning.  I  chose two verses for this challenge and one was Mark 1:35, "Now in the morning, having risen a long time before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed."  Even though that scripture does not have quiet in it, I chose it because that is what Jesus did.  He rose early in the morning to go to a solitary place and spend time with His Father.  Since He is our example, it is a reminder to me that we need to spend time with our Lord in a place that we can be alone with Him.  A place where we can be quiet before the Lord and talk with him and commune with Him.

The next verse I chose does have the word quiet in it and it is 1 Peter 3:4, "Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."  I believe that explains a person who has had their time with the Lord daily.  A person who has a relationship with the Father and not just a passing affair.  When we spend time with God, we become more like Jesus, and in doing so our spirit becomes that which is great worth to our Father.  I just love that, we are of "great worth in God's sight."  I am so blessed to be able to call him my "Abba" Father!  What about you, can you call Him Father?  He is waiting to hear from you!

Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio was used to make this page.  Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful Tuesday evening!

1 comment:

happyDiane said...

I like the verses that you used and your idea of a peaceful place. TFS