Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Greeting Card Kids Christmas/Crimped Diamond

I am really happy with the way this turned out.  It is called the crimped diamond technique and it was a lot of fun to do.  I had seen a few cards using this technique and thought, I must try that.  Here is a link to the tutorial!  It is the first one I saw and fell in love with it.  Here is another one, done by the same person for splitcoast stampers and it has a tutorial and video with it.

For my card, I used riding hood red and whisper white card stock. I stamped the image using black stazon.  I used markers to color the image in.  Markers used were riding hood red, garden green and basic gray. For all the trim around the coat and hat and for the scarf, I used my versamark pen and then using iridescent ice embossing powder, embossed to give the shimmer effect.  After everything was adhered together, I then spritzed it with the vanilla shimmer smooch spritz.  Loving that stuff!!!!!  Below is an even closer view of the card.  Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!


2 comments:

craftystamper said...

Wonderful. That stamp set goes perfectly with that technique.

Candi said...

This is so precious Love it !