Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One Layer Card/Merry Christmas

Tuesday Morning and I hope all is well!  So far so good for me.  This week over at Late Night Stampers our challenge is one layer cards.  That can definitely be a challenge, but today, I would like to share with you this sparkly card.  It is so simple and so easy to do.

I used the Petals A Plenty embossing folder from Stampin' Up!  But instead of filling the whole front part of the card with the petals, I used a thin wood oval frame (from the craft wood section) I purchased from AC Moore to run through on top to keep the design from running through in the center, if that make sense.  Here is a post that Patti Bennett did using the wood folder like I used.  I then stamped the image of the new single stamp, Sweet Snowglobe in the center.  I used markers on the stamp for the image of the snowglobe since I was using different colors (real red - chocolate chip - old olive - crumb cake).  I then took my Stampin' Up! two way glue pen and went around the dots, the house top, the trees, etc. within the snowglobe and then sprinkled on top the Dazzling Diamonds glitter to give it the snowy effect.  I also did the same thing to the petals to glitter them, but I did it in sections so the glue would not dry. 

Hope this helps you to make a single layer card this week!  I will be sharing another single layer card tomorrow!  Thanks for looking and please leave me a comment on what you think.