Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bird Punch Wreath

This weekend I just seemed to be caught up in making wreaths for my card (see previous post).  So I thought what would the bird look like in the middle of a wreath.  So using the bird punch, I punched out quite a few of the leaves and then punched out the bird and the wing.  I also was hooked on cherry cobbler card stock and is what I used for the bird and the wing and the circles.  Once the punching was finished, using a sponge dauber, I sponged all the leaves and the wing with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and then I sponged the bird with the Frost White Shimmer Mist.  It really added some sparkle to it.

My sketch inspiration came from Create with Connie and Mary.  Such a wonderful sketch and after doing the wreath yesterday, I wanted to used the bird and it all seemed to pop into place.

The card stock I used was cherry cobbler, early espresso, always artichoke, and the designer paper is deck the halls.  After I adhered the early espresso and the always artichoke together, I then used the textured impressions embossing folder Northern Flurry.  And, the ribbon is the 1/8" taffeta very vanilla.

Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, how fun! I love the wreath made with the leaves of the bird punch...haven't seen that done! Great job this week with the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is great! I love that wreath and have been wondering if I could attempt this so thanks for the inspiration!

Stacey Schafer said...

how pretty!

Deb said...

Great job on the sketch challenge! Love the shimmer!!

Mary Brown said...

Ove your bird in the wreath...what a GREAT Christmas card...Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

What a pretty, sparkly card! Great job creating the wreath using the punch.