Saturday, September 4, 2010

Merry Christmas Wreath

Good Saturday Morning everyone!  I get a 3 day weekend and I am planning on enjoying it as much as possible.  I am going out of town today to go to my Uncle's funeral and visit with my Mom some.  A sad occasion, but a joyous occasion know that he is in a much better place.

The card today was inspired by two challenges at Christian Paper Crafts.  Their sketch challenge and their fun on Friday challenge.  Fun on Friday was to used numbers on your creation.  So I did the wreath and stamped the numbers in the middle. 

The wreath is made by using very vanilla card stock and using the circle scissor, cutting a 2" circle.  Punch a one inch circle and with very little adhesive stick to the middle of the circle.  I used one of the stamps out of the Tiny Tags stamp set and around the circle I stamped 5 using the cherry cobbler and then five using the always artichoke classic ink.  I then very lightly sponged a little of both inks around the inside of the image and then around the outside.  I then removed the 1" circle.  Using one of my retired numbers set, I stamped the 25 on very vanilla card stock and then punched it out with the one inch circle punch, sponged the edge and then adhered to the center of the circle.  I adhered all of that to the 2 3/8" scallop punch.  That is a great size punch.

For the card base, I cut out a piece of 6 1/2" X 6 1/2" very vanilla card stock.  I folded in half to make a 3 1/4" X 6 1/2 " card.  This fits nicely into the small open end envelope that stampin' up! carries, item # 107286.  I then cut the Deck the Halls Designer paper 3 X 6 1/4 and adhered to the very vanilla.  Cut a piece of cherry cobbler card stock 6 X 2 1/4" and another piece of Designer paper to 5 3/4 X 2 and adhere those two together.  I stamped the Merry Christmas, from the stamp set Four the Season, by using markers and stamping Merry and then Christmas up under it.  I attached a piece of crochet trim Chantilly lace ribbon to the bottom of this piece and then adhered to the card base.  You can then add the bow and the wreath.  How great is that.  You are done.

Thanks for looking today and please leave me a comment.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this card.  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Jonia, I commented at Christian Paper Crafts but just wanted to say again how pretty this card is and to see how you did the wreath part! It is lovely!!