Good Sunday Afternoon! Boy has it ever been a busy week. I feel like I have been going from sun-up to sun-down. I also developed this ugly cold on Friday and it is about to kick my but. Oh well, we have to keep stamping don't we?
This card was inspired by the stamping 411 sketch this week. It is the first time I have used this designer paper and I was uncertain of how it was going to look, but with this stamp, Sweet Snowglobe, it actually turned out pretty cute. After I finished the card, I realized that I had pulled the ribbon up on the wrong size of the stamped image per the sketch. But, it still worked within the perimeters I am sure!
1. I cut a piece of very vanilla card stock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 and folded to 4 1/4 X 5 1/2.
2. I then cut a piece of blushing bride card stock 4 X 5 1/4. Using the petals a plenty embossing folder, I embossed half of the blushing bride piece of card stock.
3. I then cut a piece of the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Specialty paper at 1 1/2 X 5 1/4. Cut a 1 X 5 1/4 piece of real red card stock and using the scallop trim border punch, punched one side of it and then attached to the Designer paper as you see on the card.
4. I attached this to the Blushing bride piece of card stock below the embossing.
5. I then took the Polka dot grosgrain ribbon (retired) and cut a piece big enough to go across and adhere to the back of the blushing bride piece.
6. Then I took the whisper white card stock and stamped the image onto it. Using my markers, real red, soft suede and garden green, I colored in the images on the stamp and then stamped it on the whisper white. Using a versamark pen, I then touched the circles and versamarked the area under the house and trees. Using the Iridescent Ice emboss powder, I poured it over the stamped image, shook the image off and then heated it using the heat gun.
7. Adhered this piece to real red card stock and using stampin dimensionals adhered to the card.
8. Using the stamp "merry" from the tiny tags stamp set and using real red classic ink I stamped the image and punched it out using the Jewelry tag medium punch. Punched a small hole in the top of the tag and ran the linen thread through and tied around the ribbon on the card.
9. I then sprayed the whole card with the vanilla shimmer smooch spritz. (can't live without it)
Thanks for looking and hope your day is filled with joy!