Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thinking of You Butterflies

Good Wednesday Morning to everyone!  Hope you have a wonderful day today!  This is a card I made for a dear friend of mine who just had surgery.  During the last year she has been battling hard with the pain and I have sent her cards and she loves them.  When you know someone appreciates the cards you make, you don't mind making a special one for them.  So I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it for her!

The inspiration for this card came from Christian Paper Crafts Monday's Color challenge and Tuesday's sketch challenge.  As you can see the colors to use were pink, gray and white.  So I used Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray and Whisper White.  The sketch was a square, so I made mine 4 1/4" X 4 1/4".  I will try to remember the exact cuts for the card stock.

Card Base: 4-1/4" X 8-1/2" folded in half
Layer 1: 4-1/8 X 4-1/8
Layer 2: 2-1/4" X 4
Layer 3: 1-1/2 X 3-1/2
Layer 4: 2-1/4 X 2-1/4
Layer 5:  2 X 2

Hopefully that will help if you would like to use the same size card.  Other items used in making this card are:
Basic Gray Taffeta ribbon (retired)
Beautiful Wings Embosslit folder
SU Rhinestones
Stamp set: Silhouette Sentiments (hostess stamp set)
Silver Foil Smooch Spritz
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder

Other views of the card:
Thanks for looking and please leave a comment.  I would love to know what you think.

1 comment:

tirzahdawn said...

I love this card. Especially the 2nd color behind the pink. Beautiful!