Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bells & Boughs/A Very Merry Christmas to You

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I have had this waffle paper for some time and nothing seemed to call its name until I saw this sketch from stamping 411.  And, for some reason it reached out and grabbed me and I knew it was the sketch I needed to use the waffle paper.  And, by using the waffle paper, I was able to use it for the challenge today at SU only challenges.  I was so excited.  The card actually looks better when it is sitting right in front of you.  For the stamped image in the center, I actually used the gold embossing powder for the stamped image and then used markers to fill in around it.  I was a little worried at first that I might have messed it up, but when I finished rubbing the color off the embossing, I actually liked the effect.  Both the sentiment and the image are popped up using stampin' dimensionals.

Items Used:
Stamp Set: Bells & Boughs, Best Yet (retired)
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Deck the Halls
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, versamark, soft suede for sponging
Markers: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler
Gold embossing powder
Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz
Waffle Paper
Large oval punch, Oval Scallop Punch

Thanks for looking and hope your day is wonderful!

8 comments:

craftystamper said...

I like what you did with the waffle paper. Great card

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Look at you with your waffle paper!! This is so pretty Jonia! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...such a shimmery card...great with the waffle paper!

Unknown said...

I just love our Waffle Paper and what you have done with it here!! Great card!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

Kerin said...

I love the waffle paper too, it really puts this card over the top!

Patti Chesky said...

The gold makes it look so regal. Fabulous card!

Michelle Laycock said...

Love all the gold on this. Gold and red is one of my favorite color combos. Nice use of the waffle paper!

Jenn Diercks said...

The gold embossed flowers are lovely with the waffle paper. Thanks for playing with us at SUO Challenges!