Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tag Box or Jewelry Box for Christmas

How cute is this?  Good Sunday Morning to you.  I was hoping to post this yesterday, but was cleaning and never got to post.  But thought I would do it prior to getting ready for church this morning.

I used a little box like this to give my hostess last month "A Box of Tags."  She just loved it, so I decided to make another box and this is pretty close to hers.  I just have not made any more tags to add and when I do, I may re post with the tags.  I have had some to ask me for the dimensions of this box, so following is how I made the box.  So easy!

I cut two pieces of 6 X 6 card stock.  For the bottom piece of the box, I scored at 1" all the way around.  I cut score line to score line on one side each corner and then the opposite side each corner.  These are the pieces you will fold in and attach with sticky tape.  Once you do this, you will have the bottom of the box complete.  The second piece of card stock I scored at 7/8" all the way around and then cut corners as before and attached again with sticky tape.  Using designer paper cut a piece for the top of the box 4 X 4 and adhere to the top.  For the edge, I cut a strip 12 X 3/4 and another 6 X 3/4 and adhered together and then wrapped around the side of the top of the box.  But a bow around and using the Extra Large decorative label, punch out the sentiment and adhere to the top using pop dots.

Hope you understand what I did!  Please let me know if you have questions and I will try to answer.  If I had time yesterday, I had planned on taking pictures as I did another box, but did not work out.  May do for my next box I make.

Items used for this box:
Grateful Greetings Stamp Set
Old Olive, Whisper White Card Stock
Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
Jolly Holiday Designer Paper
Extra Large Decorative Label Punch
Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!  Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

mary.schultz said...

I love this little box! Thanks for sharing :-)

Natalie said...

Love the papers you've used, this is such a pretty box! Thanks for the idea and recipe!