Friday, April 8, 2011

Fun On Friday Challenge - CPCFOF100

I have updated this post with my sample!  Please see below.

Good morning my faithful followers!  I am so sorry that I do not have my fun on friday challenge posted as of yet.  This is Robyn's week, my co-host for Fun On Friday at Christian Paper Crafts, and I have a sample ready, but left it at home on my home computer.  I have a really bad cold right now and am not thinking straight.  So without further ado, here is Robyn's post for this challenge!

Genesis 17 Abraham fell face down; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”

This verse has a deep meaning to me. Like Sarah, I was not a young Mom. I had prayed for another child. My Samuel Paul has a name to live up to! My youngest son will celebrate his birthday on Sunday the tenth of April. He was given to us on a Friday, before Easter! It is GOOD FRIDAY indeed for our home. He has been a delight each and every day of his life.

Today's challenge is to look at the number 100, and be inspired to create for someone special in your life. Perhaps scrap a page about the 100 things I love most about you! Maybe a heritage page for your children, 100 things I want you to know about me, or things I want you to remember. Or a card that begins to list all the important characteristic and little things that are important! WHOA! You say? Ok, so maybe 100 is too many, try dividing it by 10 (my ds's birthdate)!

Praising God for the hundreds of blessings I have received since coming to Christian Paper Crafts! Blessings reign down upon each of you as you reflect on your own 100 thoughts today! 

Here is the Card that Robyn made for her son!  She said she added items that show a little of what he is today.  Also the embossing folder she used helps to add to the 100 things of how thankful she is for her dear son.  See you really don't have to have a list of things, just show the blessings in what you create!

Robyn's Sample


Here is my sample:  The reason for this sample is we just found out a couple of weeks ago that my husband's mother has terminal cancer.  So the first thing I thought of when I saw this challenge was: 100 reasons to celebrate family events even if you might not want to.  So now you have an idea of what we are looking for.


Remember when you upload to the gallery at Christian Paper Crafts, use the key word FOF100. If uploading to another gallery use the keywords CPCFOF100.

Also I am adding a prize to this Fun On Friday this week!  If you would like to join in by adding a card, scrapbook page or any project and link it to CPC's creative blog and leave me a comment here, I will be giving away some neat items for our FOF100. 

Hope to see a lot of wonderful projects this weeks.  I will be linking my project up later. 

Blessings to all!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Hope you feel better very soon! :o)

Anonymous said...

How exciting and "fun" is this!?! Christian Paper Crafts Fun on Friday Challenge is celebrating its 100th challenge! Way to go! I've posted my card over at CPC in the gallery! You and Robyn, our hostesses for FOF, are the best! Let me count the ways! :D

Natalie said...

Congrats on the 100th challenge at Fun on Friday! Your layout is great!! Both you and Robyn are doing a fantastic job! God bless!