Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thank You!

Hello everyone!  So sorry for my absence the last week!  Last Sunday while my husband and I were sitting in church we received a call from his brother that we needed to come home now and that Russ' mom was not doing good at all.  It is close to a 2 hour drive.  That was around 11:45 and needless to say we did not make it in time.  My mother-in-law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 4 weeks ago this past Tuesday.  We are thankful that God chose to take her and that her suffering was not long, but we definitely were not prepared for the loss! 

In saying all of this, I will be making quite a few "thank you" cards during the next few days!  People were really so helpful and even made the 2 hour drive for the visitation and the funeral. 

So I thought I would share with you the first thank you card that I have made which was for our church family!


This card was inspired by the case artist challenge this week at Christian Paper Crafts.  I need all the inspiration I can get to get as many cards made as possible.  I also used the new paper, called paisley prints, that is available this month only and is a sneak peak of what will be in the new Stampin' Up! catalog July 1st.  Also the image I used here is also a sneak peak and it is in the stamp set called "Four Frames" and both will be available through the end of April.  Absolutely beautiful paper and love the four frames.  The punch that goes with this set is called the "decorative label punch." 

Here is a close up of the butterflies and frame!



Items used  for this card are all Stampin' Up!

Stamp Sets: Four Frames, Silhouette Sentiments
Card Stock: River Rock, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Paisley Prints
Classic Ink: Not Quite Navy
Decorative Label Punch, Scallop edge trim border punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Pearls

Thanks so much for looking and hope you all have a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Jonia! Your thank you card is really lovely! The layered butterflies are beautiful against that paper! You take care!...Nancy :o)