Sunday, July 10, 2011

CPC Sneak Peak at Vintage/Retro DTD

Today starts our sneak peaks for this month Design Team Gallery over at Christian Paper Crafts.  The gallery will open on July 15th.  To see more sneak peaks you can head over to our Christian Paper Crafts Creative Blog and they will have a couple each day from now until July 15th.

So I am starting my sneak peak off with a card that is kind of plain!  And I will show you how to take it up a notch!


This is actually the 12 X 12 Designer paper Timeless Portrait by Stampin' Up! and I just cut it at this angle to just bring the girl in and then adhered it to basic black card stock.  I then added a verse from Sweet n Sassy stamp set called Refuge!  I liked it and almost left as it and then I thought it just needs a little more color!  So here is what I decided to do after putting ribbon up to it and then these cute flowers that I make from a circle and then cut them in a spiral and roll.


Now did that not just add the right amount of color to just make this card pop!  You can go plain or your can take it up a notch.  Whichever you like best! 

Here is a close up!


And, here is a side view of the card!


So I hope you like my Design Team Delights Sneak Peak for this month.  You may want to check our gallery out on the 15th at Christian Paper Crafts.  And, as I said you are more than welcome to check out the sneak peaks starting today on the creative blog!

Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You're right Jonia, that pop of pink is just the perfect addition! It's a beautiful card! I like the new blog design...it's so festive! :o)

Unknown said...

Very pretty, I love the DSP.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

The pink roses really complete this card. I LOVE it Jonia. Great job. ~ Abby

Gemiel said...

I thought the first card was great but the pink roses really make it pop. I'll have to learn how to make those.