Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Herringbone Technique/Workshop

I just wanted to share with you guys what we made tonight at my first stamp club meeting since I have stopped being the demo.  And, boy did I have fun!  No worry or having to get anything together, just a great stress reliever!  Yea!!!!!!  And, Nancy Lewis was just the best demonstrator as she had a technique to share with us that I have not seen or done before.  It is called the herringbone technique and it is wonderful.  Here is the card we made using this technique.


How cute is this?  And, this is my first time doing it!  So of course Nancy's card looked a lot better than mine.  The paper used is the Attic Boutique which I love anyway, but was perfect for this card!  Here is a tutorial I found by searching!  Hopefully it will help to show you how this technique is done!

Now here is a gift card that we also made tonight and also made an envelope to go with it using the new
Simply Scored Diagonal Plate.  It makes a great envelope!


Now here is the gift card holder closed.


And again with the envelope we made!


Thanks Nancy for a wonderful time tonight and the ones that did not make it, I am sorry I had to show you these great items.  Now you are sad! LOL

Have a great evening everyone!


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Aren't these great!! What a fun pattern and I love the envelope and gift cardholder!