Monday, September 20, 2010

Forest Friends/Fall

I can not believe I have not posted since Wednesday.  It has been a busy week and every time I would try to make a post something else came up.  But, good Monday morning to all of you!  Today's challenge for late night stampers is to make a fall card or project and I decided to use a scene as my fall card.  Since I have found out how easy it is, I make them quite often as you can see by my previous post.  This time, I used the Forest Friends stamp set and by using my markers I was able to color the leavines to make them mor fall colors.  How great is that.  I also colored some of the leaves and then stamped at the bottom to show the leaves that had already fallen. 

The scene is done through the sponging technique.  I know there are probably tutorials out there, but I am uncertain as to where.  But for the sky, you take a punched out round scallop and sponge around the top of it and keep dropping it and moving it side to side until you reach the point where you would like the mountains, ground or grass to start.  For the mountains, you tear a piece of paper and place at the sky level and sponge beneath that until you have the effect you want.  Then on and on until you are complete.  Maybe I will do a tutorial one day.

The greeting came from the stamp set called Grateful Greetings.  Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think by leaving a comment.

No comments: