Saturday, January 26, 2013

My First Mixed Media Art Piece

Hello everyone and I am so excited to share with you my first Media Art Piece!  I have been wanting to do this for quite a while, had purchased some supplies such as paint and brushes, but never actually did it.  So last night after I got home I just thought I need to pull out that canvas I purchased and those paints and get to work.  I did look at one of Christy Tomlinson's videos to look at which helped me quite a bit in creating the "she girl" as Christy calls it.  I also have two on-line friends that have inspired me quite a bit, Marsha - blog GCgirl and Cassandra - Blue Lily Design.  Actually my "I am forgiven" was taken from one of Cassandra's post on "I am" collection.  Loved it and the whole time I was creating this piece I was thinking about how God has forgiven me my sins and washed them all away!  I am so thankful for His amazing grace and forgiveness. I hope to do more of these and put them in my guest room.  I know this is not the best, but I am so happy with it and thanks so much to all my inspiration.  I am still considering taking the class offered by Christy Tomlinson.  And now to my piece of art that I am so excited about.  Now remember it is my first one!!!!!
 
 
In making this I used some retired Designer paper from Stampin' Up! Some retired stamps and rub ons from Stampin' Up! Stazon Ink, Markers, pallet of paint, and a few stick ons and other items. 
 
Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed your visit!


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love this and have been wanting to jump on this fabulous band wagon of mixed media canvas art as well. LOVE Marsha's creations, aren't they wonderful?!
Jonia you've done a fantastic job on this. Isn't it fun to try new techniques and styles?!! God bless.

Marsha Fisher said...

LOVE it!! I know you had fun and what a blessing to reflect on the amazing grace of God in your art :0)!

Nancy said...

WooHoo AGAIN, my friend! Oh, yes it is the best because it's art created from your heart! Nothing is better than that! I love it...and the message it holds! :o)