Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hymn Scripture Challenge 2013 / Hymn #1 "Lift High the Cross"

I was so excited to hear that Patter was going to continue the Hymn/Scripture Challenge for 2013.  I was having so much fun with it last year and was learning so much.  Now for the 1st song that Patter chose!

Lift High the Cross was not a song I knew nor can I remember hearing it before, but I loved Patter's write up.  And, then listening to the song I realized just how beautiful the song is and what truths it has written in the verses.

My scripture came from verse 3:

O Lord, once lifted 
On the glorious tree,
As Thou hast promised
Draw the world to Thee.

And with that I was reminded of the verse in John 12:32 "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

I am excited that I was one of the ones that He has drawn unto Himself!  But I have good news, He wants to draw all to Himself.  All you have to do is believe on Him, Jesus Christ, and you can receive Him as your Lord!

You can find the song here and please check out the version that Patter has on her blog also.  It is so detailed with the crucifixion.

Another part of a favorite verse in the song is highlighted at the bottom of my page and without further ado, here it is!


I used spring colors and flowers as this reminded me of spring and new growth!

Here is a close up of the verse!


And a close up of the center of the page!


All items used were from My Digital Studio by Stampin' Up!

Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Also entering this into this weeks Word Art Wednesday!


10 comments:

MariLynn said...

Beautiful card. I found your card through Word Art Wednesday. I too made a card this week with a hymn on it. When I saw your card, it made me think of another hymn... Love lifted me! I like all the little pearls on your flowers. I hope you have a blessed week, sister!

Karen Letchworth said...

Jonia: This is just beautiful, and your art is always such a blessing and inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us and taking the time to fellowship with us this week. I hope you're having a great week, and that God will bless you for being such a blessing to us!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Little Birdie Blessings said...

This is beautiful Jonia, I am so happy that she is continuing it as well. I haven't made anything yet to participate but I do intend to. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. ~ Abby

Unknown said...

Jonia,
I am doing the Hymn challenge with Patter. Your page is glorious.
I have had little time this last few weeks. Mom left us for Heaven Monday, Here is the link to my start page. http://lavendargrace.blogspot.ca/2013/01/hymns-for-him.html
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Natalie said...

This is beautiful! I love the spring theme you chose to showcase the hymn. Perfect for new life in Jesus Christ. God bless!

Gemiel said...

What a beautiful page!!! Love how you highlighted the hymn. I'm not familiar with that hymn either, but I can remember singing a hymn focused on the same scripture titled "How to Reach the Masses-Lift Him Up". Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings!

Susan M said...

A really beautiful page , love the colours and how the hymn stands out. so clever you digital artists !!

Susan said...

I agree with Susan's comment above me, your page is lovely!

Nancy said...

I'm skipping right over this one until my page is complete! lol

Nancy said...

Okay...I'm back now! lol Yes, I finally got my page done, and I'll have #2 posted on Saturday. It's already finished.
Your page is gorgeous, my friend! I love everything about it!
I can't believe the crowd that has joined us this year! Isn't it wonderful? :o)