Monday, December 6, 2010

Clean & Simple/God's Blessings

Good Monday Morning!  As I am posting this it is really hard to see as I am still having some blurred vision from my surgery, so I hope this picture is OK and I also hope I am typing everything OK!

This card is my sample for this weeks challenge at SU Late Night Stampers.  The challenge is to make a card with the colors Blue, White and Silver.  Wonderful colors together.  Also, the Clean and Simple Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts was to use only one embellishment.  Well I guess I used the waffle paper as an embellishment.  And then the challenge over at SU Only blog was to do a clean and simple Christmas Card.  So with all of those challenges in my mind, this is what I came up with.  So on with how I made the card.

So I used the Bashful Blue card stock and used the Flowers-a-Plenty Embossing folder.  I then took a sponge dauber and using my white craft ink, I sponged the flowers with the white which caused them to stand out a little more.  I then took the hostess set Northern Hearts and stamped the snow flakes in bashful blue onto Whisper White card stock.  Once that was done, I used versamark and stamped the saying from the stamp set God's Blessings, then covered it with silver embossing powder and heated it to make the saying stand out.  Then I cut my oval out and applied adhesive to the back, cut two pieces of waffle paper at 3/4" and started pleating and adhering to the back of the oval.  Attached all of this to the base of the card and it is done.

I did do the inside by stamping the same snowflakes on piece of whisper white and then adhering to the top of the inside.  Our of the same stamp set, I stamped the birds down at the bottom.  Then I again using the versamark and the silver embossing powder I stamped the Merry Christmas on the whisper white and then attached to the bottom inside of the card.  The Merry Christmas came from the stamp set Four the Holidays.

Thanks so much for looking and hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Very pretty Jonia! I haven't tried the waffle paper yet. I really like that you did up the inside of the card too! I love that embossing folder! :o)