Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ornaments and Box

Happy Wednesday to everyone.  Went back to work yesterday and had a Christmas Party last night, so I am a little behind on my posting.  But thought I would share with you a gift box and ornament I made for my two granddaughters.  Of course now I need to make one for my grandson and my two daughters and their significant other.  I was really happy with the outcome and such an easy ornament and box to make.

All items that I mention are Stampin' Up! unless other wise mentioned.  I did the ornaments with pretty in pink refill ink by putting 25 drops inside the ornament and then moving it around until it covered the whole inside.  Then I poured in some Dazzling Diamonds glitter inside and swooshed it around until it covered the whole inside and then poured back into the tray to go back into its container.  I then ran a sheet of Whisper White card stock through a zyron to get it sticky on one side.  I then punched the snow flake out of the Whisper White, Martha Stewart Snowflake punch, and using the two way glue pen applied glue to the front of the whisper white and then covered the snowflake with dazzling diamonds glitter.  I did three snowflakes for each ornament and waited for it to dry, maybe 5 minutes.  During that time I ran both names of the girls and the year on pretty in pink card stock through my printer, punched it out using the new small oval punch, covered it in dazzling diamonds.  I then removed the backing from the snowflakes and adhered them to the ornament.  I then added the tombow glue to the back of the name and put it on the back of the ornament (pictures below).  How easy and simple of that?  Beware, you will have glitter everywhere! LOL

Front of ornament


Back of Ornament!


Box I made to put ornament in!


Dimensions for the box are as follows:

Cut a piece of blushing bride card  stock 10 1/2 X 7.  Score at 3 1/2 and 7 on the long side. Turn and score at 2 3/4 on the short side.  (I think I said that right)  Then cut another piece of blushing bride card stock at 4 X 7.  Score on each side of the 4" side at 1/4" then turn and score on the 7" side at 2 3/4.  This piece you can cut out the 1/4" from each side, from bottom up to the 2 3/4".  Leave top in place.  See the photo below, the bottom piece how I cut out each side.

Then adhere these two pieces together by using the sticky strip tape on the 1/4" sides and adhering to the other piece.

 

 Using sticky strip close bottom of box.


Top is cut at 5 5/8 X 5 5/8 and then score at 1" on all sides.  Cut as below and then adhere together.


Decorate box as needed.  I cut 4 pieces of Designer Series Paper 4 X 3 1/4" to go around base.  And then cut a strip 12 X 3/4 and then 4 X 3/4 to finish off around the top of the lid.  Then using the ornament punch and the Delightful Decorations punched out my tag.  I then cut a slit in each side of the top of the box and ran my ribbon through tied in a bow and the box is done.

Thanks so much for looking and hope you understood my directions.  If not please feel free to e-mail me and I will be glad to get back to you.  E-mail in side bar on right.

Thanks again and please leave a comment!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Me again! lol This would also be a wonderful gift! The ornaments are gorgeous! I love the box too! Thanks very much! :o)

Natalie said...

Beautiful box and ornament, Jonia!!