Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun On Friday - Our Nation

Hello I cyber friends!  It is Friday and todays Fun on Friday over at Christian Paper Crafts is from my co-host Robyn Stiffler!  Here is what Robyn had to say:

Isaiah34 tells the nations to come close and listen to the Lord:

1- Come near, you nations, and listen; pay attention, you peoples!  Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, the world, and all that comes out of it! 

This week, turn your thoughts to how you are able to support your nation, praying for the political leaders and bringing the national needs for your country before the Lord. In doing so, design a card from your stash to demonstrate your support and send it to a service man/woman. Or perhaps a local representative to your government. Or perhaps your community leaders could use a reminder of where our strength comes from. Encourage them in prayer! Maybe your creation is an piece of altered art to hang in your home as a reminder to pray daily. Or a scrapbook page to remember a trip you took to a recognized place in your country!

So here is what I did for this challenge today!


I actually did a card to send to a military person.  Since my husband is retired USAF and my daughter will marry a military man, USMC, in May, I thought this would be appropriate and will probably send to my SIL to be on Memorial Day.

My card is a hybrid, meaning I did the first layer in My Digital Studio using the digital stamp sets "For all you Do" and "4th of July"!  The paper was Night of Navy and Real Red and the stamps were done by using Whisper White digitally.  I then printed that out and attached to the Whisper White Card Stock and Night of Navy.  So very easy!

Remember if you would like to play along you can go to the Christian Paper Crafts Blog and upload your projects to the Linkzy at the end of the post.  Please make sure that you use keyword CPC-FOF98 in your post.  If you would like to join our Christian Paper Crafts Members Community you can post in the gallery there with the key word FOF98.  Would love to see what you come up with.

Thanks for looking and hope to see some of your wonderful creations for this challenge!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Really lovely! :o)