Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Light of the World

Wow, what a busy few days I have had.  I made this card for the Clean and Simple Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts and am just now getting around to posting it here.  You would think that was the first thing I would do.  The challenge was to make your own background.  So using the Cottage Garden Stamp set, I made the background of this card.  The colors I decided to use were rose red, perfect plum and marina mist.  By choosing these colors, once I decided I wanted to use ribbon, I did not have any with a color I wanted.  So I decided to color my ribbon also by using a sponge dauber and the perfect plum ink pad.  How great is that.  Now I know what to do when I can't find a ribbon color I would like to use.  Take the whisper white and color it with a sponge dauber and ink!

Stampin' Up! Items Used:
Stamp Set: Cottage Garden
Card Stock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Rose Red
Classic Ink: Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Rose Red
Ribbon: 1/4" grosgrain whisper white
Beautiful Wings embosslits die
Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz

Other Items Used:
Spellbinders Nestabilities
Sweet N Sassy Digital Stamp From the Set "Light of the World"

Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful evening!  I would love to hear what you think of my card!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That is so pretty! It looks like a really fun one to make! Thanks for the great tips!...Nancy :o)