Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ain't Love Grand/Surprise Blog Candy


Isn't this just the cutest card?  But first let's start with what inspired this card, the Stamping 411 Sketch!  Just love checking out their site each week to see what new and interesting sketch is available.  And, of course this week was no different.  Also, my son-in-law is in Afghanistan and of all things his birthday is also Valentine's day.  So I wanted a card that I could possibly sent him that would go with birthday and Valentine's day!  Or I may just send him two cards!  I do have a little time to decide!

This is the front view!


And, this is the inside!  And, I am thinking my daughter may want to give it to him, so where it has "i" I have not changed it to we.  I always do that on the cards.  Just makes it more personable!  Also was going to do the Happy Birthday stamp and Happy Valentine's on the inside, but decided to wait and see if she does want to send it to him.


Now don't you just love the inside?  Am I bragging on my own card?  Yes, there are times you just have to say, this turned out just as I wanted it too! lol

OK, now on to the Surprise Blog Candy I have to offer today!  I have been planning on doing this for quite some time, but just seemed to always have something else come up and then I just decided it is time to do this.  In October I won blog candy from Nancy, blog name The Nickel Nook!  I just love going over to her site and seeing all of her pretty designs.  You can see some of the items I got from her by going to my post here!  So today, I am putting up blog candy and to be eligible to win, you will have to tell me by leaving a comment what you think of this card and if I should send as a Valentine only or a Birthday and Valentine, that is if my dear daughter doesn't take it first!  I don't have a photo of the goodies yet, but a stamp set called darling dots and some valentine rub-ons will be part of the blog candy along with some ribbon and other goodies.  As soon as I get it all together, I will make a post showing you the goodies!  Now you will have to comment by Friday, January 20th to win and check back here on Saturday, January 21st for the winner!  And if you are anonymous, make sure to leave your name!

Items used on this card are all Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Ain't Love Grand
Card Stock: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Big Top Birthday
Classic Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight for sponging
Markers for coloring
1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon

Thanks for looking and cannot wait to see who wins!  Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

A card is always sweeter when it's made for someone you love. This is beautiful Jonia.
Thanks for playing along this week.

Glennis F said...

I love the colours on your card - so fresh looking - birthday only I think

Tammy Fite said...

So cute!! He'll love it!

Patti Chesky said...

I just love this fun design!!!! Great job with the sketch!

Natalie said...

Yes, this is a sweet card!! And look how nice the inside is too! FUN primary colors! I think it could be birthday or Valentine, but then make another. Since he is so far away the more mail to make his day the better and it shows how much you are thinking of him. Blessings to you, Jonia!!!

Luanne said...

Very adorable card. This is perfect for Valentines especially for a love far away.


Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a great card!! Love that image! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at the Stamping 411 Blog!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

How fun. You've given me a thought about this set. Can't wait to play with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy said...

Oh, how fun, Jonia! Thanks so much for the shout out! I'm glad I'm not finding this even later than I am! lol I've been out of commission for a number of days and I'm trying to catch up now!
Your card is wonderful and I think it would make a great Valentine's card for your Son-In-Law. I'd send him another card for his birthday...I think you could swing that! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Don't know what happen to my other post. I love this card especially the inside. Like always your cards are so professional looking.

Debra Simpson