Monday, February 9, 2015

Sketch 353- Monday Lunchtime Sketch




Time is passing so fast and I cannot believe it is already time for our Monday Lunchtime Sketch.  Can you? 
 
Today Mary Jo went a little out of my comfort zone, but we need that at times to help us put our thinking caps on and that is exactly what I did.  I wanted to use my new stamps and dies so I really had to think to get it all to work with this sketch, and I am so glad that I stayed with the original thought.  Here is Mary Jo's sketch this week. 
 And now here is my version of how this sketch is done using the new SU Butterfly Thinlits Die and The Butterfly Basics stamp set.

 
This past week we had stamp class and we used the butterfly thinlits with wax paper and then used the wax paper over the butterfly.  So I thought I would do the same with this and I do love the look of it.  Here is a side view of the butterfly and the inside of the card taken at the same time.  I did not realize I had done this until I was looking at the shots.  I liked the fact you could see the wax paper along with the butterflies so I decided to use it.
 
 
Now don't forget to stop by and check out the rest of our design team samples.  They really are wonderful this week.
 





1 comment:

MJ said...

Oh I love this. The butterfly was perfect to make this layout! So pretty, never know you were out of your comfort zone!