Friday, November 5, 2010

Northern Flurry


I am loving this Northern Flurry Textured Embossing Folder.  What inspired this card was the Bible Verse Thursday at Christian Paper Crafts, use anything that glitters and a Bible Verse, and the Fun On Friday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts which was to use wet or dry embossing.  So what I did was to use the brayer to apply Marina Mist classic ink to the Northern Flurry embossing folder and then using whisper white paper emboss it.  So as you can see the snowflakes really pop because they stayed white while the rest of the card was turned into the marina mist color.  How cool is that?  I have done that with a few of the other folders and it really makes a big difference.  On this card, I did use one of Stampin' Up!'s retired stamp sets "City of David" for the sentiment since I was suppose to use a Bible Verse for one of the challenges.  If you take a look at the close up of the next photo, you can really see just how shimmery the card is.  I used the vanilla shimmer smooch spritz.


Thanks so much for looking and hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This is really gorgeous! I love the embossing, the shimmer and the beautiful bow! Love this one! :o)