Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun On Friday Challenge - Joseph's Coat Technique

Joseph's Coat Technique - that is our Fun on Friday Technique that we are doing at Christian Paper Crafts today.  I co-host this challenge with Robyn Stiffler and this is the scripture we chose to go along with this challenge.

Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age. Also he made him a tunic of many colors. Genesis 37:3

So today as you look through some of your papers and stamps think about joining us at Christian Paper Crafts and try out the Joseph's Coat Technique.  Here is a link to a tutorial on splitcoast where they use a brayer for this technique.  I used a sponge on one card and a brayer on the other, but you can do it either way.  Here are my two samples for this weeks challenge.

With this sample, I used more subtle colors except for the Navy!  And also with this card everything was done using a sponge.


With this card I sponged darker colors underneath then clear embossed the flowers and then brayered over using Basic Black.  So it is a little darker and I used brighter colors than the other.


If you come to Christian Paper Crafts and link your creation, please mark with  keyword FOF90.  For posting in other galleries or on your blog please use the keywords CPC-FOF90.   If you are able to use this technique, please let me know and leave a link for me to see in the comment section. I would love to know about it and to see your wonderful creation.

Items used are Stampin' Up!

Happy Birthday Card:
Stamp set: God's Beauty (retired), Whimsical Words (retired)
Card Stock: Not quite navy, pretty in pink, daffodil delight, whisper white
Ink: pretty in pink, daffodil delight, certainly celery, not quite navy
decorative label punch, 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, clear embossing powder, versamark

Birthday Celebrations:
Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Card Stock: eggplant, melon mambo, whisper white
Ink: rich razzleberry, melon mambo, eggplant, basic black
label punch, 3/8" rich razzleberry taffeta ribbon, embossing folder, clear embossing powder, versamark, brayer

Thanks for looking and Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

These are beautiful! I think I saw that technique over at SCS. I just might have to give it a try!...Nancy :o)