Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ocracoke Lighthouse layout

I was so excited about this layout because I absolutely love this lighthouse and I thought the layout turned out great. When we were there this past week, I made sure we got a picture of the lighthouse along with a picture of our friends. It was a great time and this will be a great memory. Of course I did not have time to make the second layout to match, but I will get to it this week, I hope. I used the sketch from Black Magic Sketches and it worked great for these pictures which could not be cropped. So instead of using four pictures, I used two. Also had to incorporate the color black and three colors,green, brown, orange & white, of four which were required. So I did the black with the stampin on the bottom and embossed the stamped letters on top with the black from Stampin' Up! Stampin' glitter, "Fine Galaxy". I also used the Scrap and Stamp Saturday challenge which was to do a layout about anything that involves water, two patterned papers, three embellies, and at least one stamped object in our layout!!! I do believe the lighthouse involves water, I used three patterned papers (which is retired Stampin' Up! designer paper). The embellishments were the 3 shells that I picked up on the beach (another water involvement) and the two flower brads from Stampin' Up! Thanks so much for looking.

10 comments:

Regina said...

Beautiful layout! I love what you have done with the challenge. I think the lighthouse covers water...afterall there would be one without water! thanks for playing along at SSS! I hope you will join us again

Chris said...

this is fabulous!! love your lo! thanks for playing with us this week!

Banu said...

Very nice LO. :)

kathleenh said...

Fabulous page! I love the papers and and colors you chose.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love your LO! I also love lighthouses and you showed this one off perfectly. The layering of the paper behind really makes the lighthouse look tall. Great job. Thanks for joining the SSS challenge.

Melissa said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love how you used the two strips of paper to mimic the lighthouses in the photos! Well done and thanks for joining us!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome photos and fabulous LO!!!

Alex said...

Gorgeous layout - I just love this and the shells look fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with our SSS challenge! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa F said...

I love this layout! Great job!

Cheryl KVD said...

Very beautiful layout! Love the design of it!