Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun On Friday - Make Your Own Designer Paper

Today I am hosting the Fun On Friday Challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts and I am so excited about this one.  It is always fun for me to make my own Designer Paper.  So here is my write up for today's challenge.
Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made." Isaiah 43:7

So today's Fun On Friday Challenge is to make a card, scrapbook page, altered item whatever you desire, but you will need to create your own Designer Paper for your project. And as you create your special designed paper think about how our Lord created you/us for His glory. So glorify Him as you spend time paper crafting today and let your imagination soar. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

When uploading to our galleries over at Christian Paper Crafts please use keyword FOF109 and when uploading to other online galleries or your blog, please use keyword CPC-FOF109.

Here is what I came up with!


This card was also inspired by this weeks sketch challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts.  Now let's look at the card and the paper I made together!

With this you can actually see how the shimmer spritz really shimmered the card.  But you can also see how I did the designer paper.  All the flowers and leaves are actually embossed by stamping with versamark and then covering the image with embossing powder.  And, I love the new embossing powders - Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi.  It really just brightened up the paper.

Now for a look at the paper close up!


Isn't this just great!  Sponged in between everything when I had finished embossing all the flowers and leaves.  I just love making my own paper!

So now it is your turn to make your own Designer Paper and join us today at Christian Paper Crafts to show us what you came up with.  You can also share on our creative blog!

Stamps:: Curvy Verses, Printed Petals, Just Believe
Card Stock:: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi
Designer Paper:: Hand Stamped
Ink:: Wild Wasabi for sponging, Rose Red, Versamark
Accessories:: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Decorative Label Punch, Pearls, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Embossing Powders - tangerine tango, melon mambo, wild wasabi
Technique:: heat embossing, sponging, dry embossing

Have a wonderful Friday!

No comments: