Monday, June 27, 2011

Red, White and Blue - Summer Card!

This weeks challenge is Red, White and Blue over at SULateNightStampers and so I decided to do more of a Summer card and after looking at the Stamping 411 sketch this week, this is what I came up with!


The sketch was just perfect for these flip flops and I am so glad I decided to use it!  I just stamped them in Real Red and then colored them in by using markers and water color pencils.  The sentiment was made in my digital studio by using the brush stamp set called "Fourth of July".  I lightened the fireworks by lowering the Opacity and then using the text added the Summer Fun, printed it out and then punched it out using the 1 1/4" punch.  Easy Peasy!!

Here is a close up of the flip flops:


So now I have two challenges in one card!  Love it when a plan falls into place!

All items used are Stampin' Up!

Stamp Set: Sunny Fun
Digital Stamp Set: 4th of July
Card Stock: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Old SU Paper Stacks
Classic Ink: Real Red
Embellishments: Pearls, Rhinestones, 1 1/4" Punch, 1 3/8" Punch, Scallop Round Punch

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Mary Davidson said...

This is so cute, Jonia! I love it! TFS!

Lori Mueller said...

Such a cute and fun summer card, Jonia. Love how you added bling to the sandals! Love it!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This not just cute Jonia...it's too stinkin' cute!!! Thanks for playing along and giving me this idea!!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh this is TOOOOO cute! I love it! Great idea to have the flip flops down the side! Wow! Thanks for playing!

Selene Kempton said...

What an awesome idea! It's pretty cool! So very clever! :D Thanks for playing along with stamping 411 this week.

Patti Chesky said...

What a clever card! Summer is all about the fireworks and flip flops!

Unknown said...

Love this card!! I am not a fan of this stamp set but you did a great job with it!!