Monday, June 13, 2011

Stamping 411 sketch meets Beyond The Garden DSP


What a great sketch from Stamping 411 this week!  It was so easy to put together this card, but yet in the end, I loved the result.  The one thing I did that I would change is heating the paper and ribbon after I spritzed it with vanilla shimmer smooch.  I could not wait for it to dry and it kind of melted the ends of the ribbon.  But I don't think anyone would notice that but me and of course now you since I have told you what happened. LOL

Anyway, this paper "Beyond the Garden" by Stampin' Up! is such a great paper and I wanted a card that would highlight the paper.  So this sketch seemed to do just that!  The little rosettes do help though and I just love them.  I will actually be showing my SU workshop how to make them on Thursday evening!

Here is a close up of the rosettes and sentiment!  Here is a great video on how to make these darling flowers!


The pearls seemed to add just the right mixture to the sentiment.

Here is another front view of the card!


You can even see a little of the shimmer that covers the whole card with this view!

Items Used for this card are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Oval All
Card Stock: Textured Whisper White, Whisper White (for flowers), Old Olive (for leaves)
Designer Series Paper: Beyond the Garden
Ink: Marina Mist
Punches: 1 3/8" circle, 1 3/4" circle (circle punches for flowers), scallop oval, extra large bird (leaves)
Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon
Pearls
Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz

Thanks so much for looking and hope you have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Ya know... that "Vintage" ribbon melting thing is "in" :D I think your card is jaw dropping gorgeous! Thanks for playing along! :D

Kerin said...

I love the portion of the dsp you chose to highlight, and those little flowers are so beautiful! I'll definitely be checking out that video, thanks! Love the shimmer too :)

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card! Love the rosettes and the shimmer! :o)

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! Love the shimmer on your card and the little rosettes!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just beautiful.

Gretchen Barron said...

beautiful job -- love your attention to detail. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

Love all that shimmer! It's a wonderful card!