Saturday, August 28, 2010

Because I Care

Good Saturday Morning to all of you stampers.  As you can see, I was quite busy last night working on this card.  It was really a lot of fun to do and really did not take as long as I expected.

The inspiration for this card came for Christian Paper Crafts.  I actually combined 3 of their challenges, Wednesday's Case Artist, Bible Verse Thursday (inside of card below) and Fun on Friday.  It is not often I can say that, but it worked great for this card.

For the flower, I did not color, I used a sponge dauber to put the color on with.  Why you ask?  Well the fun on Friday challenge was to not color with markers or whatever.  No coloring!  So by sponging it you still get the color and actually it was a lot easier than coloring.  The color inks I used were Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive.  The sentiment is stamped in black.

To make the lace look around the oval, I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock, cut at 1" and punched the outside with the pinking hearts border punch.  I then ran it through the crimper about 3 or 4 times to break down the fiber in the card stock.  I also ran it up the edge of my table a couple of times to break it down even more.  I then separated the one piece of card stock into two pieces.  That made it thinner and easier to pleat around the oval.  All I did was apply adhesive to the back of the oval around the edges.  I then started the cherry cobbler around the edge, pleating as necessary to round it.  That was all it took and you see the results.  Not hard at all.  Maybe one of these days, I will do a tutorial or a video.  Who knows!

The stamp sets used were Because I Care and Just Believe!  I can see myself using these a lot.  For the inside of the card below, I used the My Digital Studio and printed it out.  My last effect on the card was to spritz it with the vanilla shimmer smooch spritz.  I love that stuff!!!!! Thanks for looking.

No comments: