Monday, August 9, 2010

Going Fishing/Punch Art

This is my sample for our Late Night Stampers Group and the theme for this week is "Under the Sea."  You can do any card that reminds you of the ocean or water, from colors to punch art to whales, fish or even just colors that remind you of the ocean.  So it is wide open for your creativity. 

I have seen these little fish out there quite a bit, but this is my first take on creating them and I was happy with the outcome.  The colors I used were Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White.  I actually did the top of the card first, just to see how everything would work.  I started by sponging the whisper white with Marina Mist Classic Ink.  Then I stamped the sea grass (of course is not sea grass, but what I had in my current stampin' up! stock) by using the stamp set "Just Believe."  I then found my five punches I would be using for the fish which were: 1-1/4" round, large oval, ornament punch, five petal punch and the Heart to Heart punch.  From the heart to heart punch I only used the smaller heart for the mouth of the fish.  The five petal punch was used for the fins and the tails of the fish.  I then glittered the fish using glue and dazzling diamonds and then for the final touch, I spritzed the whisper white with the Vanilla Shimmer smooch spritz.  I am loving that stuff!  For the sentiment I used Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Hope you like it and please leave a comment.  Also play along with us this week at Late Night Stampers!  Enjoy your Monday.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So cute!! You do amazing things with the punches, Jonia!!