Saturday, August 21, 2010

Joy At Christmas

Christmas in August!  Well I know if I get started now, maybe I will have enough cards by Christmas.  At least one a week. 

This is actually for this weeks challenge over at Late Night Stampers where you were to use Stampin' Up! supplies (stamp in this case) that were not the original intent of that item.  Here I used the stamp set "Plant Hope," a new item in the catalog for this year.

I actually stamped it with the craft white ink and then embossed it with the iridescent ice.  Added a little more snow at the bottom.  I also used the flowers a plenty embossing folder on white and then went over it with the brayer in riding hood red which only highlighted the petals.  Isn't that great.  I love the way it turned out and wish you could see the shimmer because I sprayed it with the shimmer paint (mixed with 70% alcohol in a spray bottle).  I then topped the card off with a ribbon and the stamp "Joy at Christmas" from the stamp set Perfect Punches.

A very easy and simple card to make.  Hope you have a wonderful Saturday and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: