Friday, March 26, 2010

Bunny Basket/Easter Card

This was one of the projects we did last night at my workshop.  It was a lot of fun and each person put their own little touch to theirs.  That is what I like about working with this group of people.  They all have their creative side and we have a lot of fun.  I wish I could have taken pictures of all of theirs.

As I told them last night, I would try to post directions on the exact dimensions of the basket.  So here it is!

For the basket cut cardstock 8-1/2" X 10".  Score 2-1/2" on all sides.  On the long side of the paper cut on each side on the score line up to the 2-1/2" score line.  (Hope you understand what I am saying)  This is so you will be able to fold the flaps in.  The two short flaps will go on the inside of the long flaps.  Using sticky tape place on the edge of each long side flap.  Fold up, again with the short flaps inside, adhering the long sides to the short sides.  Maybe this weekend I will actually post a tutorial of this.  Now that the basket as been formed you will need to cut two peices of DSP (in my case I used Pawsitively Prints), one 12" x 2-1/2" and the other 6" x 2-1/2".  You will adhere these together at the very end overlaping about 1/4".  Using the scallop trim border (sale-a-bration item) punch down one side of the DSP (the whole 18").  Adhere this to the outside of the box as seen in picture above.  For the handle of the basket, cut cardstock 2" X 12" and cut a piece of DSP 1-1/2" X 12.  Again using the scallop trim border punch, punch both sides of the cardstock, not the DSP.  Then adhere the DSP to the cardstock centering it between the scallops.  Put each end inside of basket with each end at the bottom of the basket.  You can adhere the handles with eyelets or with brads on both sides.  Now for the bunny.  I have placed below a picture of what you will need to punch out.  Here are the dimensions of the punches. 
Large Circle is 1-3/4" punch 
the smaller cirle is 3/4" punch
the black is 1/4" circle punch
the large oval punch
 the scallop oval punch
The pink brad is for the nose
By the way, I did sponge the body and the cheeks with pretty in pink ink.  Put together as in photo above.  Cut ribbon to go around basket 18" and then enough to make a bow.  Adhere the ribbon and then the bunny to the basket in the center.  Then make the pink bow and adhere to the bunny.  This is it and it is done.  Again, I will try to do a tutorial if I have time this weekend, but hopefully you will understand what I have typed here.  See the card we also did below the punched out pieces picture.

This is the card we also made last night.  Quick and simple.  With this card I used White Card stock as the base cut at 12 X 3-1/4".  I folded in half at to make it a 6" X 3-1/4" front.  I cut barely bannana cardstock at 5-3/4" X 3" and used the SU Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder.  I then adhered that to the card base.  I cut the whisper white cardstock 2" X 5" and using the pinking hearts corner punch, punched both sides of the top. I also punched all the corners of the base, barely bannana, and the smaller white with the corner rounder.  I then stamped the flowers (Happy Moments stamp set - sale-a-bration item) in the center close to the top of paper and colored in using SU markers.  Using the large oval punch, I punched out a piece of DSP from the Welcome Neighbor 6 X 6 paper stack (in the sale-a-bration) and sponged it with the shimmer paint.  Using the Well Scripted stamp set in the mini, I stamped the happy Easter in rose red classic ink.  Tied a piece of pretty in pink ribbon around the white and adhered to the barely bannana.  Done!  Thanks for looking and remember, the sale-a-bration items end on March 31st.  Wow this was a long post.  Hope I did not make many mistakes. Thanks for looking!

No comments: