Saturday, March 27, 2010

Words of Wisdom

This is for the sketch challenge on Stamping 411.  I used the verse on this for a challenge on Christian Paper Crafts, the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge.  I thought it turned out so pretty.  There are times when you have it in your mind what you want to do, but you are unsure of the turn out.  Well this one actually went beyond what I had imagined.  I was so excited with the finished product.  Hope you like it also. 

Products used were all Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set:  Words of Wisdom (retired)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Barely Bannana, Certainly Celery
DSP:  Sweet Pea Stack
Classic Ink:  chocolate chip
Punches: Extra Large Two-Step Bird, Scallop Trim Border (sale-a-bration)
5/8" pretty in pink satin ribbon
Silver elastic Cord

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers on the dsp you've insprired me to try it!

Unknown said...

Jonia, this is a beautiful card - I love how you used the dsp and your ribbon. Great job! Thanks for playing this week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I like your use of the DSP and how the bird punch layers with the branch on top to pull all the elements together.

Melanie Giesel said...

such a pretty card! I love how you put the ribbon on the card! I use ribbon a lot and this gives me an idea of a different way to use it!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

So beautifully done. Thanks for sharing this with all of us at Stamping 411

L. Ann said...

beautiful! I love the combonation of colors and DSP you used. The bird and the bible verse look so beautiful together. Great work. :D

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely Stunning! I love all of it. the designer paper, the verse and the cute little birdy.

Kerin said...

This is so pretty Jonia! I especially love the soft colors and the way you applied your ribbon. Thanks for playing along this week!

Lynn said...

This is an absolutely stunning, stunning, stunning card! I love it!

Patti Chesky said...

Pretty! I love that patterned paper!!!

gbarron56 said...

Jonia -- this is just fabulous! Great use of the DSP. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators Sketch Challenge! Blessings, Gretchen

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamping 411!!! Love your card!!!