Friday, September 9, 2011

Land of the Free


Good Friday Morning everyone!  This has been one of those busy weeks.  My Son-in-law left for Afghanistan on Monday and then things scheduled every night.  Wow, I was wondering if I would even get to this competition to be able to make this card.

The challenge this week at SULateNightStampers is to Remember 911.  I don't know why I do not have a lot of patriotic stamps, but I don't.  I did have Land of the Free in My Digital Studio, os I just placed it on Night of Navy Card Stock, printed it out and then using a Spellbinders Nestabilities I cut it out with my Big Shot.  The one think about digital is you can make the image the size you would like it.  Am not sure if the card is too busy or not, but I do plan on sending to my son-in-law. 

And, to add another challenge to this from Christian Paper Crafts, I put a verse on the inside.

But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Yesterday's Bible Verse Thursday was to make a project using this scripture or another scripture that follows the theme strength.  Well when I saw this verse, it is the one I wanted to use, so at the same time I was doing the digital image from MDS, I also did this verse for the inside.  You can also link your project to Christian Paper Crafts Creative blog if you would like to join in on the fun.

Items used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:

Stamp: The Land of the Free (digital)
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Big Top Birthday
Ink: digital whisper white
Embellishments: Build a brad (used the same DSP), Spellbinder Nestabilities labels 5

Thanks for looking and hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It's not too busy at all Jonia, it's beautiful! The verse is perfect for the inside! It sounds like you need to just take a deep breath and be still for a bit! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend! :o)