Thursday, June 25, 2009

Get Well Wishes


Well this is the first card I did tonight and I thought it turned out rather well. I used the Sweet Sketch 3 by Ariana Patten at the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog. This paper is absolutely too cute. It is Stampin' Up! designer paper "Tea Party". I actually bought it to scrapbook some pages of my granddaughters and when I saw the colors for this sketch, I knew I would have to use it for a card also. It had all the colors I needed for their challenge. I guess this is why I became a stampin' up! demonstrator. I just love to see how things come together and I can see a sketch and know almost immediately what stamp set I would like to use. This sketch was no different. I knew the "Sweet Stems" set would work wonderfully with the Tea party Paper and the sketch. It makes you feel good when it all comes together as you thought. There are those times though that you want to throw the whole card away after it is complete. I got to where I still post them and just laugh about it. Even with this card, the "get well wishes" is crooked. Too late once the stamp hits the paper, that what you get. As my daughter says "shows character". You gotta love her. She made a father's day card for her dad and stamped the inside phrase upside down. She then turned it the right way and stamped it again. She told him he was special because he got a mirror image. Who would have thought about that. lol
Recipe: Stampin' Up! products unless other wise note: Stamp Sets - Teeny Tiny Wishes (new 2009-2010 catalog) Sweet Stems. DSP - Tea Party. Card Stock - Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Whisper White. Brads - Soft subtles. Markers - So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose. 1/4 grosgrain certainly celery ribbon.

6 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Jonia thanks for playing along and what a SWEET card... love it and Stampin Up!!!

Rose said...

Lovely card! I really love that SU DSP you used! One of my favs! Thanks for playing along!

Lori said...

So cute. I love the paper and the flower embellishments in the corner. Your daughter is SO RIGHT! That's why they are handmade...if people wanted machine produced "perfect" cards they can go somewhere else, right?? :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Kelly Mahany said...

Gorgeous stamped images and love the paper! Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays! Hope you will play again!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Darling card. I love the paper too. Love what your daughter did with the mirror image saying. A great way of being creative when we make those little blobbers! See you next week.